Skip to main content

"Untact" a new revolution in food and lifestyle in South Korea


What is “Untact (언택트) ?

“Untact” (언택트) this word is from “un” the prefix with the word “contact combine together”.

It describes doing things without directing contact with people or keep social distancing with others.

What kind of lifestyles have been changed during Covid-19 

in South Korea to me ?


Like most of the people in the world, my working style have been changed as well.

People called it “WFH”, it means we usually work at the office, but due to Covid-19, we start working from home right now.

I would love to share with you how my lifestyles have been changed within the COVID-19 global pandemic in South Korea.

Let’s see if you are doing the same things just like me. 

Read more (click here) >> 10 Korean stars with their own YouTube channels


1. I order food & ingredients from online shopping mall and I cook at home most of the time. I almost didn't eat out since the outbreak.

2. Reading e-books instead of visiting bookstore to buy books. 

3. I also stream films on my computer rather than going to the movie theater.

4. I avoid going to the gym by doing exercise at home. 

5. I try to grow some plants, vegetables at indoor.

6. Reducing time to go out, I start making Korean language lessons on YouTube and I share “learning Korean through watching Kdrama on IG” with learners from everywhere.

Korean Talk YouTube (click here) 


Korean Talk Instagram (click here)


Finally, I think maybe I can “write a Korea Seoul Travel blog with Korean language teaching blog here.

Read more (click here) >> Learn Korean Language on my Blog

I always feel sad when I watch news, there are millions of people have passed away from the virus. Still there are many poor people struggling & suffering in the world.

Therefore, if you are in a better life situation, please be kind and do something good for people.

I know it’s easy to let negative thoughts and feelings creep in during hard time.

However, we should still keep a positive mindset to keep going on.

Read more (click here) >> Korea Seoul Travel Guide



Just like K-pop music BTS' song " Life goes on"!!

Now, let’s check what kind of merits I have got during this pandemic.


1.  I improve my cooking skills and I also eat healthier.

2. Cooking at home saving budgets a lot.

3. Although I still miss reading real paper book, but reading e-book is really convenient when I need to move house for the next time.

4. Avoiding to visit movie theater also saving some money.

5. Seeing seeds growing up into plants, herbs or vegetables, the feeling is amazing good to me.

You can believe me, it’s true. 


6. Teaching Korean online is the thing I feel “it’s really good that I can use my ability to do something to help people who need help.”

7. One more great thing is that during sharing how to learn Korean online, I have also met some good and kind people around the world there.

This is a really great “gift” I have got! 

Since the Covid-19 outbreak, “Untact” has moved from being a buzzword to becoming South Korea central government policy. 

~ Reference from BBC NEWS

We are going to coexist with the virus.

Contact-free customer experiences are becoming a trend.

We should accept this isolated way of life have become the “New Normal” lifestyle to us.

If you are not that happy and a little bit gloomy for your right now situation.

I hope reading my article will bring you somet fresh feeling and cheer you up a little bit.

No matter in what situation, I know you will make a good decision.



I always believe to keep a positive mindset can help us to go through the hard time.

Next article I will introduce you  some interesting “untact” (언택트) activities and destinations in South Korea.


You may also like


Korea activities & destinations
Untact activities


Seoul traditional markets
Seoul Travel Information


True things about Korea
FACTS : KOREA